Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Morning Day 4 The Yukon Teritory

I woke up this morning and realized I am starting to relax. Last evening I was frustrated with technology. My phone had a signal but would not connect and My computer has developed some issues... But I am on a vacation!
 I am ready to travel but I wanted to update from yesterday.  I may not be able to update tonight. I travelled the first 600 miles of the Alaskan Highway. The roads have been mostly very good except about three sections of road construction. I left Dawson Creek at 9:00 and made it to Watson Lake Yukon Territory's at 8:40. I made good time and was 20 minutes ahead of the GPS estimate. That sounds too much like a competitive attitude I am actually worrying a little less about the little stuff. The farther I get in the wilderness the more relaxed I am.

The first 350 miles yesterday was boring, But after I passed Fort Nelson the travel was much more interesting.  The landscape changed to more mountainous. The streams and lakes were splendid. I started seeing wildlife, and I don't mean all the motorcycle riders like my  friends on Harley's ...
 I saw what a think were stone sheep three times, Saw black bear grazing on grass four times and lots of Buffalo. O yeah a moose started to cross the road in front of me and changed its mind. The buffalo make you stop.
Well I will finish this up. Hello to all my friends! Time to continue my journey. we will see what this day brings.
Rich






1 comment:

  1. If one of those moose turns into meat on your way back, I want some. Tasty...

    ReplyDelete