Monday, August 15, 2011

Monday August 15th Evening

Today I traveled almost to Anchorage. It was a very pleasant day.... maybe a little too much clouds and rain. That hindered the view of Mt Mckinley or is it Denali? I'm confused. There is some contention about the name.(see the photo below). Just when I thought there was little chance of a good view, it really was spectacular from the south view point. The road between Fairbanks and Anchorage is very scenic. So many mountains rivers and streams. I have not shown a lot of pictures of the rivers and streams because you usually see them going over a bridge, and to photograph them I would have to find a place to park and walk back a long ways to get a shot (in the rain). I would never get anywhere, and its hard to capture the effect of there number.

I found another neat little trading post in Tatlanika, about half way along my trip. Some of these places are a lot of fun! The lady running the post grew up near there and went to college in New Mexico. I've include a few photos of this place. Ive also included a picture of Scott that I meet in Deadhorse.

When I got close to Anchorage it started to pour and I had a little difficulty finding a suitable place to stay. I ended up backtracking to Wasilla and found a great spot. The rain had ended here and it has a nice view of the mountains. I was most likely going to be heading up this way tomorrow anyway.

 I don't know what tomorrow might bring.... But I have come to be excited about the unexpected...
 But you know, life rarely goes as you would expect. At least not by our plans. Is your life now the way you expected it to be a few years ago? Mine certainly isn't! It can be a hard lesson to learn and accept, but taking the things in life that come at us with a good attitude goes a long way toward our happiness. Some things we can change, and should, some things we cannot. Things can be beyond our control or to late. Learning not to let life frustrate, anger or discourage you goes a long ways toward learning to enjoy the journey.
Until next time enjoy your journeys.

Scott That I meet in Deadhorse, I saw again two days later in Fairbanks

Another cool Trading Post!


Polar Bear Sited! In a trading Post! Wonder what he's there for?

More Animals Hanging out , including two Harley Riders! (only kidding my friends)


I wonder how well that worked?

I'm Confused!

The Mountain, I learned McKinley, Kind of think it should be Denali

No comments:

Post a Comment