Saturday, August 6, 2011

the Alaska Journey August 6th Day1

Its Finally Happening! After only planning since mid July, I left Saturday for my adventure to Alaska. It was a challenge to get everything together for my trip.... I wonder what I forgot? I remember in the past forgetting a can opener, and even a sleeping bag. So far so good.... Just remembering where I put it.

I left later than I wanted, but this is vacation, not to be rushed. I left Hillsboro at 11:30 and arrived at Cache Creek B.C. at 9:30, 452 miles and several photo stops along the way. The Frasier river valley in British Columbia is awesome! The mountains and river are magnificent!

 I talked with the man cleaning at a rest stop just south of Hope ( sounds funny "south of hope") and he recommended seeing the chain saw carvings in Hope. I took the time and I'm glad I did. These carvers are real artists. Driving north along the Frasier river just as the sunset made a very scenic drive. It may be hard to believe,but Cache Creek is dry and reminds me of near Bend Oregon.
I'm looking forward to tomorrow and I hope to post Again. I plan to be in Dawson Creek....But I will see where my journey takes me. :) Rich



Chain saw carving In Hope B.C.


Frasier River From Rotary Park Hope B.C.




Traveling Highway 1 south of Cache Creek







1 comment:

  1. how did your 5 star accommodations work for you on the first night?

    ReplyDelete